Thy Kingdom Come
‘Thy Kingdom Come’ is a global prayer movement, which invites
Christians around the world to pray between Ascension (10th May) and Pentecost (20th May) for more people to come to know Jesus Christ. What started out as an invitation from the Archbishops’ of Canterbury and York in 2016 to the Church of England has grown year by year into an
international and ecumenical call to prayer.
Three things will help us play our local part in this global initiative:
- A 10 day short Prayer Guide will be put together for us to use to pray daily during this period. This will be distributed through the churches and will be available on the website.
- There will be a series of ‘Village Prayer Walks’ in all four of the villages in the Mission Community. This will begin in Clyst St Lawrence at their Rogation Service there on Sunday 13th May at 6.30pm when, as usual, we shall walk through the village seeking God’s blessing on the community. The other Village Prayer Walks will take place as follows:
- - Tues 15th May in Talaton,
- Weds 16th May in Clyst Hydon,
- Thurs 17th May in Whimple,
These midweek Village Prayer Walks will start at the church at 7.30pm and will end with a short service of Compline (Night Prayer) back in church at 8.30pm. Dogs very welcome—on walks and in church!
- We shall be seeking to help people share their prayers and experiences by engaging with social media via Twitter, for those so inclined. Using @churches4allmc, folks will be able to share encouragements and prayers. Please remember to also include #thykingdomcome in any tweets.
Back to top of page